Saturday, July 23, 2011

Willa's Happy Party


Willa finally got her party time on Sunday!  We had a great day together on her actual birthday, but she was very excited to have a party with all her friends.  And to make candy fall from a tree, which she hadn't stopped talking about since we went to Ian's party back in May.  Memory like an elephant, I tell ya!  We let her have first crack at my home-made pinata.  It wasn't a very productive swing, but I think she enjoyed it.  If I ever paper mache a pinata again, I will know to do a few more layers of newspaper and maybe reinforce the top a little better.  Oh, and maybe make sure to have something on hand to string it up with besides dental floss.  At least it wasn't already-used dental floss, I guess!  I feel compelled to apologize to my mom, who volunteered to hold the pinata once it had detached from its floss and wound up with a badly bruised hand.  Oops!


Time for presents!  The other lovely lady in this picture is our cousin, Abbey.  Willa just adores her.


This cute pink Hawaii tee came pretty much fresh off the airplane from the rainbow state, as Aunt Marlys and Uncle Mel just returned from their vacation there!  Lucky ducks...

Willa's cake was pretty tasty, and very pink.  I think it was all the love that went into the egg cracking:)  Will someone please remind me next year that A GOOD MOM PUTS CANDLES ON THE CAKE?!?  How did I forget that?
Willa's Great Grandpa Ray always has stories to share.  Sometimes it is hard to even get him in the car when its time to go.  Which is fine with us, he can stay!
And at the end of the day, Willa's favorite thing to do is play with her very best friends.  Like brooke and Brian.  Thanks for turning 2, Willa!  It was a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment