Saturday, July 2, 2011

Weekend plans


Its looking like this holiday weekend is going to be a big, busy, fun one!  The most important thing about the weekend is that I have 2 days in a row that are completely free from work.  I think people think I am exaggerating when I say that I only have 2 days off a month but its really true.  Every other Saturday.  This weekend I swapped Saturday for Sunday, so no working on Sunday or Monday!  No night shifts, no sleeping after night shifts, no napping before night shifts, and no cleaning! 
The plan is to host a little 3rd of July gathering on Sunday, which is really determining how the rest of the weekend is going to play out.  And it is pushing/motivating us to get this trim painting process wrapped up enough to clean up a little bit.  Some things we plan to do before Sunday evening:  get chemicals in the pool, purchase the  patio set we have been eyeing, and some lights to hang on the patio, finish mowing and trimming, weed the garden and flowers, lay the mulch in the front flower bed, power wash the driveway and decks, get groceries and make some party snacks, finish painting, clean, trim the dogs' nails, mail Willa's bday invitations, and buy lots of fireworks.  Whew!  Makes me a little dizzy to read my own list!  Also need to squeeze in a bike ride and wine with a cousin, a visit with a friend from Denver (who I don't see nearly enough), and church.  And sleep.  Which I am in desperate need of right now.  I couldn't sleep yesterday after my night shift to save my life.  Instead I shopped.  Again.  Something is up, I've been shopping more than usual lately.  I don't feel like I am spending unnecessary money, I think its just that our way of life has changed enough so that we need different things than we used to need.  Lots of outdoorsy gear and supplies.  I envision that calming down a bit once we have the munchkin's birthday party, as most of the initial projects will be done by then and the big entertaining events will be over.
Speaking of putting chemical in the pool, the pool is up!  The water is getting comfortable warmed and Willa LOVES it!  In fact, when it was time to go inside, Brad and I both witnessed the biggest tantrums either of us has ever seen Willa have before.  She was like some sort of demon child!  Luckily for us, she is easily distracted by mango greek yogurt:)
Wish us luck with our to-do list today and tomorrow.  Have a safe and happy holiday, if we don't bump into one another in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Love how you can see nothing but country in the background of these pictures!! I am enjoying the new blog!

    ReplyDelete