Monday, February 20, 2012

Maybe I decided to like Valentine's Day



These are my two favorite pictures from our 2 day Valentine celebration.  Monday night, Brad and I joined our friends Tosha, Jared, Xander and Adah for sushi.  I can't even blog about sushi without having my mouth water.  Its a serious condition.  Then, Brad and I went downtown for drinks at Jakes.  If you don't know about Jakes, it is one of the few establishments in Lincoln where you can still smoke indoors, as it is mostly a cigar shop.  Much as it smells bad to smoke indoors and it is horrible for your health, it is also a total blast from the past and reminded me of being 21 all over again.  So, we sipped some Guinness/Jameson and smoked some cherry cloves.  It was a lovely evening.  Then Tuesday night, we gave Willa a few gifts (tulips, nail polish and a book about hugs) and cooked a very tasty supper of shrimp scampi, linguine, and chocolate covered strawberries.  I was a horrible vegetarian this week, apparently.  Another great night!  I think I will give up my dislike for the holiday, and embrace it for all its tasty food, mushy feelings, and pinkness.  I can love anything that starts a sushi tradition.  Plus, once Valentine's Day is over, I can start thinking about Easter, which has always been my favorite holiday.

P.S.  If you're wondering about the socktopi (thank you, Marty:), I bought some socks but haven't had time to create them yet.  If I get around to it, and they turn out at all cute, I'll post some pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see what that expression looks like when she is a teenager!

    ReplyDelete