Monday, February 27, 2012

I am so in love with that yellow "V"






I feel like it has been ages since we have done anything fun in the house.  I guess I don't consider the new well pump as fun.  I certainly don't consider the cost of it fun.  Replacing our used washing machine with another used washing machine wasn't a party, although I do really enjoy being able to wash a load of laundry that consists of more than 5 t-shirts without there being a tiny flood in the laundry room.  A million thanks to Bev and Leo Benes for the great deal on the washing machine:)
So, after spending a few hours outside today enjoying the amazing February weather, we finally were able to hang our new kitchen shelving!  These shelves were uber-difficult to obtain.  At Christmas time, Brad tried his darndest to order them for me as a Christmas gift.  If you have ever tried to order something from Ikea, you know that its complicated and expensive.  As it turns out, the matter that complicated the ordering of the shelves was a change in Ikea's suppliers.  We found this out from our new favorite friends at Omaha Modern, who were finally able to bring us our shelves a few weeks ago.  Do check out their website, they have a really good business going.  They travel to Minneapolis every few weeks or so and bring back Ikea goods to those of us here in Nebraska who are deprived.  I think they charge about 1/3 of the cost of the item as their service fee, but sometimes that is just so worth it.
Finally, they are up and I think they are really pretty!  I'm sure I will tinker with their layout a few times.  I think I need a really cool clock to sit up there somewhere.  Now I also have to consider the aesthetic of all the alcohol bottles that I buy.  Only 3 of the current bottles were pretty enough for the shelves today.  Guess I better empty out the rest of the ugly bottles this week and restock.  Anyone want to come over and drink alcohol from ugly bottles with me??  Its an open invitation.


No comments:

Post a Comment