Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Food for thought


This is going to be another one of those posts that has nothing to do with the picture.  Although, I guess I could try to make them relate somehow.  I'll just tell a quick Willa story before I tell the other story.  As you know from previous posts, we have been seeing all kinds of pregnant friends and brand new babies lately.  So Willa's new thing is that she has a baby in her tummy.  I thought she would get over this idea quickly, but its been going on for a few weeks now.  She just sticks out that little belly and tells us all about it.  She will be naming it Ocopus. (Which is "Willa" for Octopus.  Not just a typo.)  It will come out through her bellybutton.  And it dictates what she will eat.  If she doesn't feel like eating what we are eating for supper, she simply tells us "it isn't good for my baby."  Its starting to get a little weird.
Now on to the other story.  I had lunch the other day with a few friends and I keep thinking about something that happened at lunch.  The friend who carried out the kind deed will remain nameless, but if she's reading this, I'd like her to know that I really admire her kindness and thoughtfulness.  There was a man in a military uniform eating alone in the restaurant that we were in, and one of my lunch buddies asked our waiter to put the man's meal on her ticket and tell him that his meal was taken care of and to thank him for his service to our country.  How awesome is that?!?  I think we sometimes tell ourselves that we want to do more things like that, but don't always follow through. I hope to keep this in mind, and try to follow in her generous footsteps.

No comments:

Post a Comment