Friday, February 10, 2012

A little socktopus, a little wine. Valentine's Day is great.

Ok, normally I think Valentine's Day is a pretty lame excuse for a holiday.  It just doesn't really have enough depth for me, or something.  And we all know that I'm a pretty deep person...But I'm kind of looking forward to it this year.  Maybe because this year, Willa seems to be old enough to grasp the concept of a holiday being kind of a special day.  Before you go getting all concerned that maybe I fell and bashed my head on something during the night, or that I should be tested for multiple personalities, I am still not going to be romantic.  I promise.  Brad and I are going to use the holiday as an excuse to eat sushi, but we are going to do it the night before and not alone.  Not romantic, see?  And we aren't going to buy each other gifts.  Although, I would never turn down a tulip or two...Cough, cough.  Hint, hint.  BUT, I do want to make Willa a gift.  She has mentioned finger puppets a few times lately in casual conversation so I looked at a few options on Etsy.  Found some really cute ones.  But I put off ordering them for too long so now its too late.  So here's my idea.  Socktopusses.  Socktopusi?  If a word isn't really a word, how do you make it plural?
Yeah, how much do these guys rock?  And wanna know where I found them???  I'll give you three guesses. Pinterest!!  I think I might try to put a little VDay spin on them and buy some cheap, cute, heart-themed socks to make the Sockto-bodies.  I can't wait to see how they turn out.  
Maybe I will also attempt some sort of heart shaped dessert.  Or last year, I made heart shaped pancakes.  Man, I love pancakes.  I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. It's socktopi.

    The way you had it, it was a James Bond movie.

    ReplyDelete