Monday, February 13, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa Christensen



We traveled to Grand Island today to visit my Christensen grandparents.  We love seeing them!  This weekend was the celebration of Grandma's 89th birthday, and also their upcoming 71st anniversary.  71 years of marriage!  That is amazing to me.  When we arrived, Grandpa had just finished getting his hair cut and Grandma said to me "Doesn't his hair look nice?  I  told him I would marry him all over again."  It just doesn't get any sweeter than that.

We were also lucky enough to arrive on time to meet our newest little cousin, Baby Kelsey.  What a beautiful little girl.  And boy, she is little!  Brand spankin' new.  Sometimes I am able to fool myself into thinking that I don't like babies.  Then I see one...

And speaking of babies, I keep waiting for the phone call that either brooke or Mel has gone into labor!  Or maybe both at the same time!  I am so excited that I was seriously tempted to call each of their husbands on Friday to tell them to, um, do something to make their wives go into labor.  You know...maybe cook a spicy supper, rub their feet, um, try that one other thing that is pretty much guaranteed to get the job done.  Am I allowed to ask them to do that?!?  We will never find out because I didn't do it.  But if either of you (Chris or Brian) read this...do your part!

Maybe if there were friends to visit in the hospital I wouldn't have to think about the fact that we now haven't had running water in our house since Friday evening.  Maybe I could shower in their hospital rooms.  Maybe they wouldn't mind if I just did some dishes in the sink there.  Uuuuuggggghhhhhh!  Something is wrong with our pipes.  Or our well.  Or something is frozen.  It is, to say the least, very inconvenient not to have water in your home.  It is starting to make me very testy.  Enough complaining, Allison.  Water isn't required to drink wine.  Or whiskey.  Life isn't that bad.

2 comments:

  1. Your grandparents are so special!! They are the sweetest people ever!

    ReplyDelete