Monday, January 30, 2012

A day with the girls



On Saturday, Mom, Willa and I spent the better part of the day in Omaha.  Mom and I had talked about a day of antique store shopping for quite some time and we finally got around to doing it!  We checked out some really fun stores in and around the Old Market area.  Then, we made a stop for lunch at Roja.  It seems that when the 3 of us are out and about together, we always end up at a place with a very Spanish sounding name.  And margaritas.  


And yes, this is a picture of my lunch.  Veggie tacos.  They were so good that I was hoping if I took a picture of them I could recreate them at home.  Except for the whole homemade tortilla thing, which is sad because that is the best part.





My favorite picture from the day:)


I love the progression of these pictures of Willa.  This was at the end of the day, after we had been in probably 10 different stores.  She was pooped!  We're talkin' nearly asleep on the table.  But as soon as the waiter brought us our "snack" (of a giant piece of chocolate cake:) she perked right up!  And ate nearly all of the frosting.  And the cherry.


I wish I would have taken a few more pictures of some of the fun things we found but I guess I was too distracted by the other fun things we were finding.  I really liked the shape of this chair.  And even his orange color, even though my first inclination with older chairs is to recover the fabric.



Willa found a drum set that was just her size.  And don't we all want our kids to have their own drum sets?  They produce such a soothing sound.


This is the only guy I brought home with me.  He may not be much to look at right now, but he is oh so comfortable, and in my head he looks fabulous in a new outfit.  I found him in a really fun store called 
Back in the Day for dirt cheap.  Like, under $20 cheap.  


Upon returning to Lincoln, we joined a fun group of folks for a game of pitch, some wine and appetizers, and great conversation.  Many thanks to the Christensen sisters for their hospitality!  If you are curious where Brad was all day, I will just say that he attended a bachelor party.  And resurfaced at 5:30am.  That is all:)




No comments:

Post a Comment