Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Monday Nights

Can I please tell you all about my new thing that I do on Monday nights???  Its so nerdy.  And I love it.  I have decided that since I don't seem to be getting any younger, maybe I need to spend some time taking care of myself.  So Monday nights from now on are going to entail facial masks, hair masks, yoga DVDs, candlelit baths, pedicures, good books/magazines, and wine.  That's right.  I said it.  Girly, pampering, relaxing goodness.  Once a week.  And Monday nights are perfect, as my schedule makes my Monday night the same as most people's Sunday night, so it starts my week off on a VERY good foot.  A very relaxed, polished, good-smelling foot.  Go ahead and make fun of me...Its ok.  I won't even be mad because its Tuesday night and I still feel relaxed.  Couple this with Wine Wednesday and I'm pretty sure you may never run into a crabby or stressed Allison ever again.  Unless the well breaks again.  I think I may need to take another bubble bath...

If you are curious, here is the recipe for the mask I have done the past 2 weeks.  It makes your skin so smooth and glowy.   I crushed 4 or 5 non-coated aspirins and then squeezed a little fresh lemon juice on them.  Let the aspirin dissolve into a gritty paste.  Rub it onto your face in a circular motion.  Let it dry (about 10 minutes).  Dip a cotton ball in water and then baking soda.  Rub that around in a circular motion.  Rinse.  Ahhhhhh.  I'll let ya'll know if a find any other good ones.  I've been pinning a few to try in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea! (And I think the picture above is pretty great too!

    ReplyDelete