Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 7th...time for Christmas pictures?!?

Willa was falling-down-excited about her new turtle from Uncle Chris.  She got some great animal gifts.  Wish I had a pic of her inflatable giraffe from Brant and Joy.

Even Grandma's dogs get Christmas Eve hugs.


Santa left a few little things in the stocking

A lego zoo!  Its almost like Grandma and Santa communicate, as Grandma bought the lego grocery store!

Elefun is a challenge, unless you are nine feet tall like Uncle Chris

This gift has already provided me with many hours of fun.  And inspiration.  You just wait.

Helping to prepare brunch


Only Willa looks this good straight out of bed.
Christmas was weeks ago.  I feel like the holidays, starting with Thanksgiving, just FLEW by!  Why is that?!?  I'm blaming it on the amazingly un-winter-like weather and my semi-busy schedule.  I feel like I kind of slacked this year on Christmas preparations.  Didn't put up very many decorations, and those that I did, Stickers attacked.  Did some pretty frantic, last minute shopping.  Maybe next year I will be a little more prepared and have a more well behaved cat.  Christmas weekend was still enjoyable, with or without shiny glass ornaments.  Church and Christmas Eve dinner at my parent's was perfect.  Fun gifts were opened.  Willa understood about Santa this year.  Santa didn't leave Willa coal.  We hosted a little brunch for my parents and brother.  We made it to Grand Island, with potatoes.  We spent the entire next 2 days rearranging our home to make room for the great stuff that Christmas brought and taking down the (sad looking) tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment