Friday, January 27, 2012

Bitten by the bug...only about a month too late


I'm not really sure why I ever go through these periods of NOT running.  I think it usually just naturally coincides with my hatred of winter and my desire to hibernate for months.  This year, my running strike continued right on through the few weeks that registration for the Lincoln Marathon was open.  I had a whole conversation with myself (hopefully in my head, but I guess if it happened out loud I'm sure I was having it at work while all the kids were asleep.) about how I hadn't run in forever, didn't really feel like running anytime soon, my preference for curling up with a blanket and Dexter on DVD...the list could go on and on.  Needless to say, I didn't register.  And now, I'm kicking myself for it.  I did the same thing two years ago and instantly regretted it.  Could someone please remind me in like November of this year to just pay the stupid $40 because I will be glad that I did come February?!?  So, I've been running.  Just on the treadmill for now.  And I found a race that looks really fun to keep me truckin'-Run for the Bridges at Wilderness Park.  Since its really creeping up quickly, I only registered for the 6 mile race.  That should keep me satisfied for awhile.  Plus, I've never done a trail run, so there is the added fun of trying something new!  Aaaaand, here's the REAL kicker.  Brad wants to do it with me!  I'm going to have him look over a 10k training schedule before I pay the registration fee, but I'm super excited that he's even considering it!  What is the world coming to?  Last year, I got him to go hiking and now this year, running?!?  I've heard talk of the world coming to an end this year.  If I happen to get Brad to eat vegetables, I will let you all know so you can start making plans for your last few days on Earth...

No comments:

Post a Comment