Friday, January 13, 2012

When it rains, it pours.


These pictures are not fun.  There are no cute animals, or babies, or friends or light fixtures or anything.  What there is, is holes where appliances used to be.  Remember that time, the other day, when I said we were going to try to pay off some debt?  And do a really good job with our money?  Ugh.  Life got in the way already!  If we could travel back in time about a month or so, I will tell you all the things that have malfunctioned/stopped working/broke. 
-our well stopped producing water one day
-the ice maker in the fridge stopped creating ice
-the front of the oven fell off
-the microwave stopped making things hot
-the dishwasher leaked all kinds of water into the basement ceiling
-the "check engine" light came on in my car

I'm sure I am forgetting something, but these are the things that are sticking out in my mind right now.  And causing, what is for me, a significant amount of stress.  We had to have someone come out and fix our well.  Big bucks.  We are ignoring the ice maker.  He's just being rude.  Brad put the oven back together.  A friend gave us a microwave, after his parents got all new appliances.  And another friend gave us a loaner until we could get the new one put in.  What would we do without our friends?!?  The dishwasher is awaiting parts.  He is just sitting in the dining room, not functioning. Also being rude. The basement ceiling, also being ignored.  For now.  My car?!?  Oddly enough, the check engine light turned itself off after I backed into my mom's car the other night.  Sober, I swear. 
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment