Friday, November 4, 2011

Sneak Peek

We've been working on making Willa's room a little bit more fun the past few days.  Before we started it looked a little bit like this:
Well, except for the furniture was in the right place.  Yucky brown wood trim, dirty white-ish walls, horrible tan-ish carpet, big-dark-loud closet doors and just about the ugliest ceiling fan I have ever seen in my life.  So I invited my parents over to help me get started on the trim painting.
And I talked my dad into taking the closet doors out for me!  Thanks a million, dad!
Now the room looks a little bit more like this:

Here's what we have done so far:
Painted all the trim white. 
Painted 3 of the walls a very, very, bright shade of limey, greeny, yellow.  I feel that it is bright.  We weren't even initially planning to leave any of the walls white but the color ended up being so crazy that we needed the white accent wall.  Once we got things back into place though, I felt a million times better about the color.  And once we hang some things with a lot of white in them, I think it will be perfect.
Rehung the bird curtains on the windows.
Recreated the closet door out of the flowery Ikea curtains and a clippy system so it opens very prettily and quietly.  Hanging the curtains required my mom to use her amazing seamstressing skills for a few hours. 
Emptied out one of the little dressers by putting away some baby stuff and moving things into the closet.  Hopefully this will make room to move Willa's little table and chairs into the room so she can be a doctor and also force Stickers to drink tea in her room.
This is where the room is currently, and probably how it will stay until at least the middle of next week.  I have a few ideas running through my head, though and I am itching to get them done!  Big family plans this weekend though, so I will try to refrain.  Some of the things I still want to do are to create a new light fixture and be rid of the horrendous fan, hang a bunch of white picture frames and some artworks, and possibly replace the window treatment on the window closest to the closet.  Its a bit busy with the flowers on the closet and the birds on the window.  Down the road Willa is going to need an actual bed, too.  I'm keeping my eyes open for a good deal.  And new flooring, but I haven't decided which route to take on that, so I'm going to let her get a little bit older and keep destroying the carpet she now has while I think and save some money.

No comments:

Post a Comment