Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hangin'

 We were finally able to get a few things up on the blindingly bright walls!  I had picked up a pretty big stack of white frames when we were at Ikea, with this very idea in mind.  Man its awesome how cheap frames are there!  I didn't pay more than $4 for any of these frames, and most of them were 2-packs!  I'm such a cheap date:)  I did the whole "make a newspaper shape for each frame and tape them to the wall to plan a layout" thing first.  Then Brad helped me with the nailing.  I also painted those sweet owl guys.  They were originally some rather dated shades of brown and orange, very 60s.  Then in Willa's old bedroom they were kind of a yellow-green color.  Now they are shiny white.  Once the frames were hung, I found stuff to stick in them.  Well, most of them.  The bigger ones still need to be filled. 
I had to grab a close up shot of this guy.  He says "F is for fainting goat."  I have a thing for fainting goats.  I mean, who doesn't???  I have also always wanted to own a print by this chickie, Meghan Stratman of BunnyPirate fame.  So when she had a booth at Craftacular, I picked up this lovely fainting goat.  She has a whole alphabet book filled with little phonetic love-nuggets like this.  Willa might need that book for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment