Saturday, November 26, 2011

Baby, its cold outside!

 Willa and I played outside the other day.  It was pretty chilly outside but it just looked so nice that we couldn't stay inside.  We decided to take Stickers with us.  He was supposed to have been an outdoor cat, but I am just still too nervous about pets getting hit by cars to let him be outside unattended.  So, we played a little, we followed Stickers around while he checked things out on the track.  Willa drug him around.  As usual. 
 Then, the neighbor dog decided to join our fun.  Here's the deal with the neighbor dog.  She (I'm pretty sure its a she) is a very pretty, sweet yellow lab who we met very shortly after moving in.  Long before we met her owners.  She was so friendly that we wanted to be able to call her by name, but she had no tag so we decided that WE would call her Sara.  Willa even named one of her stuffed puppies after Sara.  It got to the point that I think we all forgot that her name most likely isn't Sara.  We even introduce her to guests as Sara.  We never remember to ask the neighbors what their dogs' real name is.  So...back to my story.  Sara came.  Stickers was terrified.  He climbed the biggest tree in our yard so super fast and so high that there was no way I could get him down.  I had to convince Sara to go home, which seemed to make her pretty sad.  Then I had to just stand in the cold and wait for Sticks to climb down far enough that I could climb up and get him.  I was a little nervous.  I wish I would have snapped a pic of how high up he was.  We were oh so grateful when he was down and safe and we took him inside and snuggled up with him.  Which I did get a picture of:)

No comments:

Post a Comment