Thursday, November 24, 2011

I am thankful for...(in no particular order)


Happy Thanksgiving, friends!  Isn't Thanksgiving just the best holiday?  I mean, its all about eating and thinking about the positives in life and watching football (or in the case of my family, catching up on Dexter and Homeland).  My poor family has to put up with my wacky work schedule, so I slept till noon and we had a late lunch - which was delicious.  Brother Chris made some mushroom and shallot gravy that I kind of wanted to roll around in like a pig does in mud.  And I got some cupcakes from a coworker who has started a cupcake catering service called Jamicakes that were heavenly.  I believe that Tosha described the cupcakes well when she said that the frosting is better than s.e.x.  Then there was some red wine and some tv and ooops.  I went back to sleep for awhile.  And now I'm back at work!  What a nice day!  I did volunteer to host Thanksgiving next year, since it will be my holiday off so I'm already brainstorming...I do want to take some time now to just make a list of whatever pops into my head of all the things I am thankful for, just to kind of take stock of how great life is.  So:
family (duh). old friends. new friends. having a job. owning a business. my business partner. my health. the health of my loved ones. blogs. iphones. holidays. red wine. sometimes white wine. whiskey. tequila. vodka. sushi. frosting. green tea. curly haired toddlers. facebook. the internet. my home. my yard. stickers and bailey. luther and the memory of luther. my friends' pets. twitter. the bloggess. laughing until there are tears. the upcoming cookie baking day. dinner club. book club. 99% of our cleaning clients. tailgating. houzz.com. babies on their way (NOT mine, don't get any weird ideas). texting. email. mini coopers. anderson cooper. bradley cooper. pandora. comfy boots. slippers. hoodies. marriage. adoption. ikea. mountains. honeycrisp apples. baking. photos. painting. mad men. dee, charlie, dennis, and mac. pedicures. riding bikes. soy lattes. vegan cookbooks. tattoos. parties. beer. red beer. mimosas. bloody marys. clearance racks. pinterest. taking chances. getting haircuts. our church and its people. NOFX. concerts. stool softeners. running. magazines. books. chairs. tulips. lilies. mums. thuggy rap music. the simpsons. barney stinson. etsy. vacations. the smell of coconut. the smell of gasoline. detangling spray. basil. target. meeting friends for coffee. coffee. caffeine.
I'm sure I'm probably forgetting the really obvious ones, but its a good start. a good list to look at when something pops up to make me feel down or frustrated. And I love to look at other people's lists, so lets share!!

3 comments: