Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sad Update on Ms. Miller

After all the nervous waiting to hear back from fabric designer Melody Miller (that's me being dramatic, it was only a matter of a few hours) she emailed me to say that Decor8 made a teeny tiny mistake in that the picture of the beautiful chevron fabric was actually just a picture from her portfolio of an idea that never became a fabric.  And that, folks, was the longest sentence ever.  Crap!!!  I am sinking into a deep despair.  Although it was very kind of her to respond at all, especially in such a timely manner!  Maybe I could urge her to get it into production, just for the 6 or so yards I need?!? 

Also, if you happened to read the previous post and then click the link and read the bloggess blog post, I hope that you loved it.  I have now spent a good portion of my night shift reading her other posts and believe it or not, some of them are EVEN FUNNIER!  I highly recommend that you stick her in your regular blog roll.  And maybe follow her on twitter so you can learn how to make a water bed for a cat in just an hour using Ziploc bags, duct tape, and condoms. 

Doesn't Willa look smarty-pants in this picture wearing my glasses?  Can I please tell you a story that might make her seem less smart?  She has started going off somewhere so that we can't see her when she poops.  As soon as she is out of sight, we always say "Willa, are you pooping?"  And she says "No.  Just hidin'."  To which we say "Are you pooping WHILE you are hiding?"  Reluctantly, "Yeah."

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to the Bloggess! I have something new to read and laugh at during feedings :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little info, not sure if it would work, but YoungHouseLove (I have become totally obsessed reading this since I saw it on your links about a month ago!) had a link to a company that let's you upload a design for your own fabric..it's pricey, but if you really love it, it might be worth a shot! spoonflower.com!

    ReplyDelete