Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Willa did it. She went and turned 3!

I know I am going to find myself saying this every year, but how on earth do I have a 3 year old?!?  One that is so smart and so tall and so pretty and so stinking funny?  (Whoa, Allison.  Calm down.  This is also the same girl that told you the other day that you were not a good listener and that she was going to kick your a$$).  But foul language aside, she is a very cool kid.  The craziest part of this whole "turning 3" business is that she will start school this year.  As in, in a few weeks.  As in, go to a place all day long 2 days a week where there is no mom, no grandma, no one to hold her hand when she feels shy, no one to make sure that she wipes well, no one to remind her a million times that when it is lunch time you need to actually eat and not just play...And there will be other kids there.  Kids that might try to get her to do drugs and have sex.  Maybe not exactly this year, but I'm sure (at the rate I see things going in the hospital kids) that it will happen in the early elementary school years.  Agggghhhh!!  If only I didn't desire my child to be smarter than me, I would just home school her.  I think I got a little off track...let's get back to Willa's first bike!!



AND...her first time playing mini-golf!




And of course, some pics of the 3rd birthday party!  So many wonderful family and friends joined us the day after W's birthday to celebrate.


A special shirley temple cupcake with a bajillion cherries on it, just for the birthday girl.


As usual, Willa got shy when everyone was watching her blow out her candles.  Thank goodness for Borne, or that little cupcake might have gone up in flames!


So special that Great Grandma Luth could join us again this year.


And our first birthday party attended by Best Friend Baby Sam!



Brad brought home a bounce house that was big enough for the grown ups.  Post-party, we were all in it!  Even Uncle Chris and Grandpa.  What a perfect little birthday weekend for Willa-Roo.

No comments:

Post a Comment