Monday, July 9, 2012

Favorite places

One of my biggest weaknesses (and possibly one of the reasons we are not quite out of debt) is going out to eat.  Especially when the weather is beautiful and you can sit outside and have a good drink.  It doesn't have to be a whole meal, either.  I get unnaturally excited about iced coffee and/or scones, too.

 Mom, Willa and I like to frequent Bread and Cup after the Downtown Farmers Market on Saturday afternoons.  Oooh.  Or the Green Gateau.

A favorite with Brad?  Yia Yia's.  The vegan pizza with capers is delish.  Not everyone can get their vegan "cheese" so melty and cheese-like.  Another plus is the fact that I don't think I've ever had the same beer twice there.  Extensive beer menu.  If we are downtown and aren't at Yia Yia's, the second best bet is probably Bison Witch's.  We even rode our bikes there one night!
Willa had a doctor's appointment one day, not too far back.  Nothing big, not even any shots or anything.  But I *might* have told her if she was a big girl during the appointment that we could go somewhere for ice cream or a cupcake.  Does anyone else do this with their kids?  Reward them with things that they themselves want??  We couldn't make up our minds which sounded better so we went to Toast, where they have both!  We didn't actually order both, but I did let Willa decide which she wanted and she went with ice cream.  She said chocolate, I ordered cappuccino behind her back.  She didn't know the difference:)  If you've never been to Toast, it is fantastic.  It just happens to be the closest place to our house to eat and we are darn lucky.  They have great sandwiches, soup, and a homemade veggie burger that is very impressive.  And their coconut iced coffee is my favorite treat after I go for a long run out in Fallbrooke.  It is very hilly there, so I always earn my treat.

So, there ya have it!  Our favorite places to eat this summer!  In addition to all the sushi places, but I feel like we have covered our family's love of sushi.  Brad and I have a little "date night" in the next few days.  We have been making a date night out of shopping for Willa's birthday and Christmas presents for the last 3 years...so that makes about 2 dates per year that we go on.  I think I have him talked into trying something new (to him.)  We'll see how that turns out (he's kind of the pickiest eater on planet earth.)  Not to spoil the surprise about where we go...but if you had to pick between Thai and Indian, which would you pick?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment