Thursday, July 12, 2012

Juicing!!

Oh boy!  It finally happened!  I got a juicer!  I know, I whined about it a lot.  Maybe not a lot on the blog, but a lot in my personal, real life.  And then one day I came home and Brad had bought me one!  He goes to great lengths to NOT listen to me whine:)  Not only did he buy me a juicer, he pretty much bought the best one that is available for non-commercial use.
That's the guy!  You can stick anything in there and it will liquefy it!  Well, we actually discussed what would happen if you put meat, a sock, or pop tarts in it.  Maybe you shouldn't juice some things.  

I gave myself a few days of testing out the machine, then I did a 2 day juice fast.  Just to see if I could and if I liked the results.  I tried to do mostly veggie juices, but once in awhile you just have to throw in a green apple and a pear.  And don't get confused by the photo, its best not to juice bananas or avocados.  I bought those for smoothies.  The combo of veggies I liked the best were carrots, cucumber, celery, kale, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, tomato and sweet potato.  But I felt like as long as I had garlic and something spicy, I could throw any other veggie in there and it would be drinkable.  The 2 day fast was awesome.  It really surprised me that I had so much energy when I wasn't eating solid food, but I guess that just proves how much energy we expend on digesting and processing our food.  By the end of the 2nd day, I was pretty hungry so I had a smoothie instead of juice but I felt great and can't wait to do it again.  Hopefully for longer.  And not that my goal was to lose any weight but my summer shorts definitely fit better after the 2 days!  
How pretty is the juice when you add a beet and a polka dot straw??
  

No comments:

Post a Comment