Monday, October 3, 2011

Reggie Ellis Kidney Transplant Benefit

I mentioned a night out coming up this next weekend so I thought I would try to share the flier for the benefit.  I am computer not-smart and when I tried to save the image of the flier, it was very blurry.  So I took a photo of the flier.  It is not really legible either so I will just tell you what it says, ok??? 
Reggie Ellis Kidney Transplant Beer Bracelet Benefit at Grata Bar and Lounge
Friday, October 7th 9p-2a DJ starts at 10p
Grata Bar and Lounge Back Room 2755 Jamie Lane
$10 donation gets a bracelet good for Bud Light till the keg runs dry!
Happy Hour Specials till 2am!

Now for the important stuff:  In April of 2010 Reggie was diagnosed with FSGS, a disease that attacks the kidneys' filtering system.  Reggie is on the kidney transplant list and is patiently waiting for his gift of life.  The average cost of a kidney transplant in 2008 was $259,000 and the anti-rejection meds that Reggie will need to take the rest of his life average approximately $10,000 a year.  The amount of money it takes to have a functioning kidney is astronomical.  This benefit night has been organized by friends of Reggie to help offset the medical cost that have been and will be incurred with his transplant.

On a personal note, Reggie is a fellow Hastings College graduate and also a co-worker of mine at the hospital.  He has a beautiful wife and son, with another little one on the way.  If you'd like to help them out and can't make it to the benefit, there is a fund set up at a local bank and I can get you that information.  Tosha and I will be taking money at the back room door for the beer bracelets.  Come and see us and help out a great guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment