Sunday, August 21, 2011

There are places that a Burley is NOT made to go




Last Sunday, we finally got to go for a family bike ride!  I still haven't posted any pics of my new bike yet, I just realized.  Oops.  I am in love with it.  We decided to take the bikes to Branched Oak and ride around the lake.  Doesn't that sound just lovely, and relaxing, and laid back???  Well, when we got to the lake, Brad decided we should check out these so called "bike trails" they have.  So, me on my Bianchi, Brad on his little BMX bike and taking turns pulling Willa in the Burley trailer on washed out, rooty, steep hills.  It was a little scary at first.  Willa just kept moaning and saying "Um, not fun mommy."  But, it did get better/easier and then we found these fun little secluded campground areas where we stopped and had some rice crispy bars.  She thought that was much better.  Then, we actually did ride around the lake which was more relaxing.  All in all, it was a nice bike ride, if just a little bit challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment