Monday, April 23, 2012

Hi, howya doin?



Not sure why exactly, but I feel compelled to share my weekend.  Friday was one of those days for me that I get NO sleep.  Like literally.  I don't sleep from the time I wake up Thursday morning until I go to bed Friday night.  Except for sometimes I take a quick nap Friday afternoon.  So of course, which day would my new book choose to come?  Friday, you guessed it.  I can't believe I didn't start reading it right away!!  But, I have started now and I have laughed, out loud, at every single page.  I want to loan this book to every person I know, as it will make them infinitely happy.  But don't worry Amy.  You are first.  Saturday started off with a blood donation.  I like to plug blood donation whenever I can.  Plus I love doing it.  Then a hair appointment with Katie.  We always have the best chats, whether at the salon or on a bike ride.  Saturday evening we had dinner at our house with our high school friends.  We all try to get together once a month for dinner but somehow it seems like it had been several months.  It makes me kind of sad that life is so busy that its hard to get together.  But, even if its just a few times a year, they are some of my most favorite people and I look forward to our dinners immensely.
Today, we did the church thing, then we did the lazy-Sunday-afternoon-nap thing.  THEN, we did something totally uncharacteristic for us.  We cleaned out the garage.  I'm talking, moved everything out and threw away a ton of junk that the previous owners left and rearranged and organized and all!  It looks so good.  So good that I forgot to take a picture.  I guess you'll just have to come over and see!  So that was our technical weekend.  But we VanBoening's often like to extend our weekend to Mondays (as most Star City Motorsports employees probably do) and so tomorrow the plans include the Omaha Zoo, dinner at McFoster's, buying a spare tire from Craigslist, and probably me reading hilarious stories aloud from the book in the car to my poor family:)

If you need a little teaser..."Also, I just want to clarify that I don't mean "without my vagina" like I didn't have it with me at the time.  I just meant that I wasn't, you know...displaying it while I was at Starbucks.  That's probably understood, but I thought I should clarify since it's the first chapter and you don't know that much about me.  So just to clarify, I always have my vagina with me.  It's like my American Express card. (In that I don't leave home without it.  Not that I use it to buy stuff with.)"  And this was just the first page of the first chapter.

3 comments:

  1. There's only been one chapter I didn't laugh at...if you're not there yet you will probably be soon, during that chapter I almost cried. I was at the gym, so I had to hold myself together. Then, the very next chapter I was back to laughing again. I think people at the gym must think I'm nuts. Oh well. Two more days till I get to meet her and have her sign my book. YIPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...I just snorted in the middle of a meeting when I read that paragraph!!! I can't wait to borrow the book!!

    And Michelle, I am sooooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I read the sad chapter, Michelle. And Amy, I always aim to make people snort when they should be serious. WHY are you reading blogs in the middle of your meeting?!?

    ReplyDelete