Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Coloring eggs, and Brad's birthday




Easter is my favorite holiday.  I'm pretty sure I like it even more than I like Christmas.  Its biggest selling point to me is the fact that it happens in the spring.  And the colors are so much prettier than any other holiday's colors.  I mean, check out those eggs?!?  This was Willa's first Easter to dye eggs and she had a good time.  She didn't quite understand why we were doing it though.  I am really confusing this girl lately, what with the green pancakes on St. Patty's Day, and now brightly coloring hard boiled eggs.  Its no wonder she has been asking me for purple waffles almost every morning lately.

Another of my favorite holidays is the birthday of my husband.  And I am ashamed to say that this year's birthday was probably a big 'ole let down for poor Brad.  In my defense, I really outdid myself last year.  Surprise party, trip to St. Louis, Supercross and Travis Barker. But, that doesn't excuse the lame birthday this year.  I worked the night before the birthday, then cleaned all day, then thought I could be some sort of sleep-deprived-Wonderwoman and stay awake and take him out for dinner. (Lobster, he always wants lobster for his birthday).  Needless to say, I nearly got us lost driving to the restaurant, didn't make much sense in conversation, almost fell asleep at the table, and didn't even feel well enough to finish my sangria.  You know its bad if I leave alcohol at the table.  So Brad, please accept my blog-apology and lets shoot for making 32 a better birthday, maybe more like 30 was.  Maybe I could make it up to you by taking you to a movie this week?  Maybe Hunger Games?  Oh wait, that's me that wants to see that.  I'll buy you popcorn...And in the meantime, I'll just tell you how much I appreciate your awesome parenting skills, your patience with Willa, you willingness to always have fun, your laid-back personality, your helpfulness, your handiness, and your ability to put up with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment