Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pinterest is always there for me. Its such a good friend.

Almond Milk Iced Coffee from Oh She Glows

Roasted Strawberry and Toasted Coconut Popsicles

I use my Pinterest account.  I really, really do.  When I'm on my game, and planning my meals, and packing my lunches, I use Pinterest heavily to decide what to make and create grocery lists.  I admittedly have NOT been on my game the last few weeks, but I thought I'd share a few things I did try.  First of all, the iced coffee.  It tasted so, so good.  And it wasn't a difficult process at all, until I got to the step where you strain the coffee concentrate and I don't own a cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.  So I was trying to do it with coffee filters and that took ages and was pretty messy.  But you can bet your sweet patooty that I am going to get a nut milk bag and use this recipe all the time.  Plus, that will really aid in my other goal of making my own nut milk.  Duh.  The second thing I wanted to share was the strawberry-coconut Popsicles.  They look a little bit intimidating, as far as making Popsicles goes, especially since you can buy them for cheap.  But the taste on these bad boys was just so good.  And they really were not hard at all.  You do want to make sure to toast the coconut VERY briefly.  Like 2 minutes.  And the suggestion to use full fat coconut milk probably isn't a bad one.  I used the Trader Joe's light coconut milk and it still tasted good, but I could for sure see why they said full fat.  

I have a list going of recipes that I want to try in the next few weeks, and I'm very excited about it.  I'll share.  Because I am constantly over sharing.  Just ask the poor girls that I work night shifts with.  They know all about my hemi.

No comments:

Post a Comment