Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Congrats to dear brookie!


First of all, I love this picture.  It was taken a few months ago on a nice girl's night out.  Second of all, the lady on the left, my most favorite brooke, won a very cool blogging contest and I want every single person I know to hear about it!  brooke's blog is called grace and light, and she won Typepad's 10th Birthday Blogging Contest..  Do read about the contest, and then read every single one of brooke's blog posts, because they are all worth your time.  She is so very thoughtful with what she writes, and her words are so elegant.  I suppose you could read the other 2 winners' blogs as well, if you work night shifts like me and dink around on the internets for, like, hours.  Or, you could google yourself, then shop on Amazon for nut milk bags and donut pans, then pay a tiny portion of your taxes online, then look at tons of pictures of cute baby animals on the Huffington Post, then try to refocus yourself by looking at your own blog post about your goals, and then spend the rest of the night looking at lipstick shades.  Yeah.  Do that.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much, my Al! Donut pans sound intriguing. Perhaps you could make me donuts and I can help you with blog design. Sound like a deal? Do you remember those almondy cookies with the little bit of jam in the middle? Well, I like those. More than I should, perhaps. I'd definitely be willing to work for cookies.

    Also, I like the way you work. That's how I work sometimes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make you 243 donuts and 479 almond thumbprint cookies in exchange for blog services. You might want to give me awhile on the donuts though, as I haven't even tried them yet. I'm pretty confident in my jam cookie abilities. And now I'm hungry. (bare in mind these figures are hastings college cafeteria figures. do not expect exactly 479 cookies.)

    ReplyDelete