Friday, May 17, 2013

Part of a marathon, 2013






Geez.  The marathon is already old news, but I suppose I could share a few pictures anyway.  As bummed as I was about not running the whole 26.2 miles, I did at least beat the time that I was hoping for, which was just to be under 2 hours.  I came in at 1:58:58.  Before this year, my best time was 2:09.  I felt like I could have maybe even done a bit better, but I also felt really good when it was over, so maybe I'm glad I didn't push it too much.  There is still a lot of room for improvement, I've set a few running-related goals for myself recently, as you will soon see.  Turns out that for a normally 100% NOT competitive person, I do want to run faster than most people.  Definitely faster than the person I was the day before. Thanks to everyone who was out on that cold Sunday morning to support all of us goofy runners! And also to everyone who helped me out by drinking margaritas with me all day afterwards:)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Allison!! What a great time! And in the cold to boot!! Wowza!

    ReplyDelete