Friday, May 31, 2013

#217 Have an outdoor meditation area


Kind of a weird thing to choose as my first to complete, but I have an outdoor meditation area!! Brad (and of course Willa, with all her disposable income) gave me this hanging chair for Mother's Day.  Now, before you start thinking, "Whoa, Brad has amazing taste and really understands what his wife was looking for in #217 Outdoor Meditation Area", this chair was heavily hinted at.  As in, I handed him the cb2 catalogue and said "Buy this chair."  He does get some mad points for the gift he had in mind, which was a spa day, which is also on the list, but that just wasn't the thing I wanted to cross off the list yet.  That felt a little too self-indulgent for a lady who still owes some major 2012 taxes.  I think I would have sat there during my pedicure or massage and stressed myself out even more about that fact.  Apparently, I felt the money would be better applied to my new favorite chair, where I have gone about half of the mornings that I've had it, to sit and drink my warm lemon water and listen to bird sounds and think happy thoughts.  And then I let myself sit and think the stressful thoughts if I need to.  In addition to the chair, I also have some fun plants and my herb pot nearby and a really nice view.  I couldn't ask for a nicer outdoor meditation area.  And this wasn't on the list, but maybe should have been...when I tweeted the instagrammed picture of my chair and hash tagged it with the designers name, she favorited my tweet!  And, that may have been the most ridiculous sentence I have ever typed.

No comments:

Post a Comment