Sunday, November 11, 2012

All kinds of stuff and things


A quick look at things, through pictures.  Early October at Martin's Apple Orchard.  Great place to take the family in the fall and we got a bag of the BEST apples I have ever tasted.




And then I put a picture on Instagram and Anderson Cooper liked it.  And I got all excited.  I mean, its ANDERSON COOPER.  I'm sure he operates his show's Instagram all by himself, right?!?


Then there were pumpkin flavored things.  Like pancakes.


And scones.


Then Willa and I spent an afternoon shopping with Tosha.  And enjoying Happy Hour.  I'm sure that Happy Hour is not a proper noun but I feel it is important enough to capitalize, ok?


Then there were presidential and vice-presidential debates to be enjoyed with warm, spiced apple cider drinks and family. 



Then we pulled off a fun surprise for a good friend.  And this was the night that prompted the new 2 Drink Maximum Rule that I have in place for myself.  And it also taught me not to take shots of vodka and then play tag.




Then there was the pumpkin patch.  JK's to be exact.  


Brad and I had a few nights out.  The Yelawolf concert at the Bourbon Theater


And the Hers Launch Party at Voda


Willa, Borne, and Wash at the Hoffman's Halloween party



And Halloween!  We love trick or treating in the Highlands.



Fort building.


My first movie with Willa - Wreck It, Ralph!


Aaaaand...Voting!  I was going to do a whole post about the election, but Facebook got me so flustered about the whole thing that all I will say is, its never a good idea to call me (or imply that I might be) lazy or dependent on the government.  


In a big 'ole nutshell, that's what we have been up to the past several weeks, aside from being busy busy at our jobs.  And Willa has been busy just getting bigger and smarter.  It is so much fun to watch her learn and also to observe her making friends.  She has got counting and abc's down, really is starting to grasp days of the week and shapes, is trying to actually draw things and color in the lines rather than just making big blobs of color, remembers the words to songs they sing in school, can compare and contrast the Michael C. Hall of Dexter with the one of 6 Feet Under, knew the names and faces of both presidential candidates, and is super excited to get big so she can go hunting with Grandpa with her very own gun!  



1 comment:

  1. I bought that pumpkin waffle mix...and it's delicious. I'm blaming you for the extra calories!

    -Joy

    ReplyDelete