Monday, August 5, 2013

#280 and #93 Progress, people.


My box:)

I realize that my original list of Awesome Things To Do In Life didn't go as far as #280, but I have a little notebook that I carry around with me that I add to pretty frequently and it has a #280 which is: Find a line of grown-up skin care that I like.  In other words, stop just using whatever happens to be on sale at Target and do something really good for my skin!  And #93 involved pinning down a good shade of lipstick for myself.  I am happy to report that I am working on both of these things.  I recently purchased the anti-aging line of skin care from a good friend who is a representative for Rodan and Fields, and have also tried a few of their other products and am really liking them.  If you are in the market for any type of skin care, I would definitely recommend them and put you in touch with Tiffany.  She knows her stuff.  I can't wait to be able to purchase the machine that sucks the dead skin off your face.  (Really do talk to Tiff.  She doesn't say things like "suck the dead skin off your face."  She knows words like "exfoliate" and "peptides")

As for the lipstick situation, I've not actually found IT yet.  But, I have found a really super fun little service that sends samples of high end skin care/cosmetics/hair care/etc to your home every month for $10.  I'm in love with it and I've only gotten one!  Its called Birchbox and I think they should be paying me to say nice things about them, as I've managed to work them into 98% of my conversations since I received my first box.  If you're curious, my first box contained, I believe, 5 different items (a mineral foundation, organic sunscreen, self tanning towelettes, lip cream, and leave-in conditioner for sun damaged hair.)  All of these things were great!  I can't wait till I get a box with lipstick.  Or perfume.  Or really anything.  I just love getting stuff in the mail.  If you want to make my day, put all your old bread sack twisty ties in a tiny box and mail them to me.  That's how easy I am to please.  But in all seriousness, if you are in the market for anything for your skin or just to treat yourself to something fun, check out Rodan and Fields and Birchbox.  You won't be sorry:)

No comments:

Post a Comment