Saturday, October 1, 2011

We tried to leave her here



Yet another fantastic fall day!  The universe is going to punish us somehow, for all of these beautiful days.  We went to the Lincoln Children's Zoo.  Every time we go, Willa has a new favorite animal, and a new one that she is surprisingly scared of.  For some reason, the reindeer when you first enter the zoo scares the ever living piss out of her.  She clings to us like the thing has a gun to her head.  The same for the goats.  On this visit, she was really into the penguins and the camel.  She even got in the camel's pen and put grass in its mouth.  Personally, I would be more afraid to put my hand that close to a camel than to give a goat a food pellet, but whatever, Willa.  Go ahead with your bizarre phobias.  We love you anyway.  And reverting back to this blog's origins and our Bobcat fiasco, it really confused our child when there were Bobcats in the parking lot doing construction (something she totally GETS) and then there was an animal in one of the cages called a bobcat (she did NOT GET why it wasn't moving dirt into piles.)  All in all, lovely day.  Bonus to visiting the zoo:  the train.  Brad has decided that he is going to be a stay at home dad who volunteers to drive the zoo train on Sunday afternoons.  Gotta love a guy with goals that involve such altruism. 

Now, may I please tell you why this next week is going to kick tail???  There are ever so many reasons.  Two - yes two - of my most favorite people on earth are going to find out what flavor of babies they are giving birth to in February.  Right now I am predicting "girl" for both.  We'll find out on Monday and then again on Wednesday.  Monday night I get to spend the evening with two other favorites for a little girly shopping fun.  That's right, Tosha and I (and Adah) are going shopping together.  The fact that we are going to buy new clothes that we aren't going to scrub any toilets in may cause the world to implode.  We'll see.  I suppose I should include that Brad gets to go on a mini-trail ride on Tuesday.  But he doesn't write this blog, so there.  Friday night is another girls night, this one involving cocktails for a cause.  More on that later.  Saturday I get to tailgate for the first time this football season.  Sunday I have a bike ride scheduled with Katie.  And sometime during the week I am going to finish the painting that I started last week that I am IN LOVE WITH.  Yay!  Never have I been able to produce a painting that I liked well enough to hang in my own house.  I think it's happening.  If I can get Willa to stop drawing all over it with markers, I'll post a picture when its done.  How's that for a golden week?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment